Cheesin' Through Life

How many of us actually smile as something apart of every day and not something that's rarer than a relaxed Sunday? (I'm currently a university student where Sundays are filled with getting assignments done by 11:59PM.)

In my biology class last semester, my professor asked "What's something that's contagious?"IN TERMS OF PRESENT DAY DONT GO THINKING OF THAT BUBONIC PLAGUE SPREADING LIKE IT HAD A VENDETTA AGAINST HUMANKIND  Now in my head I was like oh obviously it's smiling because when you see a stranger smiling in your direction- in that awkward situation when making eye contact- you also send a smile their way. 

Well apparently I wasn't getting this answer correct even though I 100 percent believe I was right.  The answer was Yawning. In retrospect yes this is true, when you see someone yawn it's like a domino effect, one down everyone else to go. 
me not knowing how to pose for a photo
I think this sort of showed where my head was. In my religion of Islam it is a Sunnah ( teachings, deeds and sayings of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, as well as various reports about Muhammad's companions -If you'd like a more elaborate definition of Sunnah here you go: HERE) to smile; it is considered charity. The idea is that every good thing is a charity. When we think of the word "charity" we think of money donations. Smiling at someone is like making a donation to brighten the moment you managed to catch a stranger/friend in.
guess who figured out how to pose for a camera after five hundred photos later
Currently, I would say I smile but just not enough. I guess I have some more smiling to do in my life; it lifts my mood up and can lift the moods of people around me. Not all charity has to be a bill from your wallet, share a smile and it is charity enough. Here's to cheesin' through life - just because the world can be dark place does not mean you can't be that lil star shinning bright like a crown.

Never miss a post via twitter HERE
Never miss a post via Instagram HERE
your personal desert in motion HERE
give my blog some lovin' HERE


6 comments:

  1. aw i love this post! true words! x

    possiblysami.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading- so happy to see you liked it!!

      Delete
  2. Loved this post, oh and keep smiling! ♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading!! Make sure to keep smiling too! :)

      Delete
  3. This is a lovely little post! I'm so glad I read it. Keep doing you ❤ smiling is amazing, I love to smile!

    Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay so happy to see you liked it! Thank you so much for reading; here's to cheesin' through life! Everything is always feels better with a smile :)

      Delete