The Circles of a Sombrero

Can we talk about the blessing that is this bright sombrero look how beautiful it looks

Recently I began looking back at photo's I've taken in Spain from a couple years a go and I managed to stop at this one photo of a sombrero. Two years ago when I saw the sombrero I basically took it in my hands and put it on and told my friend yes yes yes I am going to get it, I want it, it is coming on the plane with me you can't convince me otherwise I will somehow turn this into my daily hat to wear when the weather is nice out.

BUT THEN BY SOME MIRACLE MY FRIEND MANAGED TO CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE.

My friend told me that if I got the sombrero she wouldn't talk to me, and in that moment I had a decision to make. Buy the sombrero and wear it out the store like I was Beyonce, the sombrero was my crown, and the world was my kingdom, or put it back where I got it. Sadly, I decided to put it back where I got it and left the store without any souvenirs. Every time I see this photo I think of that moment and how much I wished I could have bought that sombrero and not cared that my friend wouldn't talk to me (we shared a room together so I very highly DOUBT she would have been able to NOT talk to me).

It sort of went in a circle really; one minute I wanted the sombrero, the next I didn't because a friend told me not to, and now here I am wishing I had my sombrero.

Moral of the story: Just because your friend doesn't like something you want that doesn't mean you shouldn't like it.

Also a moral of the story: IF YOU SEE A SOMBRERO BUY THE SOMBRERO


You do you, not anyone else!

Sahara x


0 comments:

Post a Comment