A Bottle A Day Challenge


Towards the end of June, I saw that Amber from Barefoot Blonde was doing a gallon of water a day challenge. This had me thinking - how much water do I actually drink in a day?

Well, sometimes I find myself forgetting to drink water and if I do drink water it's only a small cup every few hours. When I go running, I don't really drink water like a mid-break-type-of-thing. This is because:

A. I don't feel like carrying a water bottle in my hand.

B. Taking a string backpack to put only a water bottle in - having it bounce on my back the whole time - doesn't really spell out a nice comfortable run.

Solution?

Drink water before and after a run (though, I do have to admit, sometimes mid-way through my run I do get thirsty and want water to hydrate).

I have seen the I AM RUN BOX backpack and it's made specifically with athletes in mind - doesn't bounce while running- however I think it's a bit too big to just put a single water bottle inside. 

Technically speaking if I exercise a lot, shouldn't that mean I drink more water? Well, that's how it's supposed to be.

You're losing a lot of sweat = you start to get dehydrated = your body is begging you to drink water. 

The only days where I find myself drinking a lot of water is during strength training - those days are intense and if I don't have water I might as well not workout at all.

According to WEB MD it says that a person should be drinking eight 8-ounce glasses of water. (Would you believe me if I told you when I first read that, I thought it said to drink 8 ounces of water then had to re-read it.) If you exercise you should be drinking more water to keep yourself even more hydrated because you're sweating so much. You have to drink water to make up for the water your body is losing via sweat.
_____
WEB MD IS COMING THROUGH WITH THE INFORMATION TODAY:

On the second page it details a schedule go when to drink water before/during/hours leading up to a workout.

If you decide not to read it that's cool too; here's a quote from it:
"I tell all of our young athletes this: you can improve your performance simply by drinking enough water."

_____

So I decided why not set myself a challenge to drink at least one water bottle a day for July because really I need to start drinking more water, 3 cups a day isn't enough.

According to WEB MD I should be drinking 64 ounces of water. A water bottle is 16.9 ounces. OK THAT IS VERY FAR OFF HOWEVER IT'S BETTER TO START SMALL AND THEN MOVE UP TO 64 OUNCES.

Currently - as of the 4th of July - I've been drinking at least 1 bottle a day & occasionally drink 2 bottles if I'm doing HIIT workouts.

Anyone else forget to drink a lot of water?

Drink water = you won't feel dehydrated & you'll feel more energized

If you drink water bottles regularly, that's awesome keep doing that, your body is thanking you for drinking water! If you don't drink water, and tend to drink sugary drinks, maybe think of joining this challenge with me?




0 comments:

Post a Comment